Wednesday, September 03, 2008

R.I.P. A duck


One of our ducks was killed yesterday in an accident. It was reversed over by a van. It's not the drivers fault, the ducks are so tame the concept of anything being dangerous is utterly alien to them so the poor thing didn't have the brains to get out of the way.

I don't think the other ducks realised what had happened as they kept coming over to see the dead duck and standing near it so it could be part of the mass swarm of ducks again. I gave the duck a full viking burial last night, well I made a boat out of paper and rubbish and then burned that with it in it, we don't normally keep miniature longboats about just in case something like this happens.

It's not all sad here, one of the cats has discovered a false beard (from a Father Christmas costume) and he is attacking it with vigour. I had no idea cats were so anti facial hair, it might be wise for me to shave before I suffer the same fate.

4 comments:

Clair said...

Roast duck en papilotte eh? Yummers.

BPP said...

Sounds like a waste of a perfectly good duck, burning it like that. I'd ram-raid a few more of the squawking little buggers, and then you can host a dinner party.

Louche said...

Clair - hmm, rather you than me.

BPP - The ducks are being raised to eat, but this one had been out on the road for at least half a day which isn't the traditional method of preperation.

BPP said...

You could have run it under the tap, couldn't you? I bet you would of if you'd been a starving Ethiopian off of the 80s. I bet you would then.

(Bet you would.)