Monday, September 29, 2008

How to miss your train, part 2


Well I am still in London, I was suppose to leave yesterday but I was having far too much fun, and lobster to want to go away. This puts me in a troubling position I was hoping to not enjoy London quite this much so leaving it wouldn't be too much of a trial. This didn't happen, I've had a spiffing time, absolutely spiffing and now I don't want to go but as I came up with a terribly limited wardrobe I have to.

There are other reasons why I have to return, like work things - I made the rather brave move of leaving my laptop behind which I don't regret but it means I can't really work up here. Silly chap eh?

I've been thinking a bit about the places you end up in, what I mean is how removed where I am now is from where I was say, five years ago or ten. Actually even a year ago feels like an entirely different world.

So perhaps it's time to go shopping for a new suit to usher in this new period? Yes, I think it's time but time for what? I've got more than enough tweed and velvet and that wouldn't be quite right, maybe a safari suit? Or something equally strange like that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say try something completely different and go for a zoot suit. Then you'll need new shoes and a hat to go with.

Clair said...

Oh, a zoot suit like this
would be the very thing, I think. Or a powder-blue safari suit, worn with a safari-hat with a leopard-print hat-band.

Amanda Castleman said...

I'm confused: how does a safari hat differ from a pith helmet exactly?

Louche said...

BigBouquet - Zoot eh? Interesting

Clair - I'm not sure I'm quite ready for an orange and green stripe.

Amanda - It's all in the lining.