Monday, September 08, 2008

Packing informal hats


I've got a gig in London this weekend and I completely forgot about it, yikes! Not only did I agree to do some stand-up I have a few fairly important parties that I really should attend. So perhaps a return to the capital is in order.

This means I'll have to shave my luxuriant beard which is shame; but probably for the greater good. And then think about what I'll take with me, I'll have a social engagement every night so I'll need a few looks but I really don't want to have to take a whole suitcase. Hmm, this will be tricky. Perhaps if I just take a couple of informal hats and only one or two changes of brogues.

Of course if I can co-ordinate my trip with some work stuff, well that would be excellent otherwise it will just be a jolly across the capital which will be fun but not a terribly good idea. Although, many a grand adventure has started off with something that could be described as 'not a terribly good idea'.

3 comments:

BPP said...

May I suggest y-fronts, diving goggles, a knotted-handkerchief hat, rubber boots and fingerless gloves? Nobody'll say a thing about your appalling outfit, as they'll assume you're mentally ill. And seeing as they do, you may as well take the opportunity to shit on the floor at one of these parties.

And piss all over the furniture.

Louche said...

Won't people just think I'm in some sort of pop band? It sounds like something the Towers of London would do.

BPP said...

I suppose they might. Mind you, if they think that, you can still do everything I've just described as rock stars get away with bloody murder. They're no better than apes, the lot of 'em.

Worse, if you can believe this, than the bloody Scotch.