Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Oh Happy Day!


I have had a spiffing day absolutely spiffing, but as a side effect I won't be going to London. I have an assignment, a dream assignment the sort that only comes along every now and then. It is so marvellous that I did a little celebration jig, and then another one. I'm still dancing around a little bit.

This assignment will involve an entirely new suit of clothes, two days of doing something marvellous and a trip to another country* and at the end of it all I'll get a certificate. I like adventures where you get a certificate at the end.

All this means that I'll be doing something my dad absolutely loved on the weekend of his death, I can think of no more fitting tribute to him than that.

*Admittedly Wales rather than somewhere hot.

4 comments:

Clair said...

You're going to have to get a gallery for all them cerstificate things. How exciting!

Amanda Castleman said...

Laugh away, but I've begun wallpapering my flat's tatty entranceway with the odd detritus of travel writing. Every now and then, someone bothers to look and says, "a certificate for crossing the Arctic Circle? WTF?"

It just feels so WRONG to discard them. Think of all the DTP template effort and hard labor over a laser printer...

Louche, congrats on your triumph!

Louche said...

Clair - I think I'll need at least three before I can get a gallery.

Amanda - Ooh that's a good certificate, does it have a faux signature?

Anonymous said...

Oh dearest sir, I am so very happy and delighted that you have something jig-worthy doing on a challenging anniversary weekend.

Oh, and fingers crossed that there's one of those big shiny gold seals on your certificate -- maybe even embossed!