Thursday, June 21, 2007

Waiting...


I'm waiting for some news, some big news that could be extremely good, extremely good. Waiting is lame.

Actually thinking about it I'm waiting for a few things but this one thing is exciting and I should get an answer today. I'm crossing everything I can for a yes.

One of the less exciting things I'm waiting for is a reference from my bank to get a new flat. I requested it over two weeks ago, at first the sent back a note saying they didn't believe I was me and so I had to go into a branch and re-do my signature so that they would believe I was me again. This is in the hope that some faceless drone in a processing centre somewhere relent and acknowledge that I am me and give me my blooming reference.

I don't like banks, for a start my one has really ugly branches. If I'm going to invest my money with a company I want a bit of old world splendor, a dash of gold leaf and some marble, not green and blue signs and beige carpets.

Would it be too much to ask for a man in a nice hat to open the door? If they are going to make millions from my bank charges I'd like to see a little bit of ostentatious wealth in return.

1 comment:

DJ Kirkby said...

I agree whole heartedly about the banks lacking in old world splendor! Good luck with your much awaited news.