Monday, June 11, 2007

101 Rabbits


In Peru when you click your fingers and other bones it's called releasing rabbits. I don't think rabbits in Peru click. I mention it because the creature and I are starting to work out the final kinks in our relationship.

Yesterday some neighbours came over for the afternoon. It was someone I used to work with and her boyfriend. We ate food, boozed about and it was very nice. The little monster skipped about sniffing all the new people and spent a lot of time trying to steal food from the low table.

hundreds of years of selective breeding to make the beagle a fantastic game hunting animal and it spends most of it's spare time trying to run off with pastries from the coffee table.

This is our final full day together, I'm only going to have one more night with it fighting to get into the bed and barking like loon the moment he sees a dog in the distance. At nights he likes to go on to the balcony and yap at other dogs across London, it's like that bit in the cartoon version of 101 Dalmatians where they send out a message dog to dog that the puppies are missing, but with out the charm.

I really hope I don't miss him when this flat sitting is over. That would be a terrible thing to happen, even worse than his doggy breath.

2 comments:

little things said...

i love your words, and the way you put them together. i feel like i'm sitting in an english parlor with you, rather than in a hot southern texas town reading at my computer.

Louche said...

Why thank you, would you like a drop more tea?