Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I hate this dog as much as I love the moka pot


The mental war between man and dog hasn't ended yet.

The beast behaves itself in the flat and if I alone take it on a walk but it is still naughty at other times. When I tried to accompany T.P. to the shops this morning it was very, very bad.

First it was pulling on the lead if T. P. got ahead of us, then when T.P. went into the shop to get some things and the creature went bananas. It was barking, jumping about and bucking on the lead. It continued to play up until T.P. was well out of sight and even then it only moved off with great reluctance.

Once T.P. was gone again the thing started to behave itself again, so the battle of wills isn't quite over yet.

Are all city dogs this much trouble? I've looked after dogs before and nothing has been this awful. I wonder if I can get away with putting it in a kennel for the rest of the time it's owners are away or maybe just in a big hole?

I'm not sure what I'm going to do otherwise, is it possible to die from dog sitting?

In more positive news this flat has a moka pot. I used it for the first time today, my word that's some strong coffee, it was like a pure hit of velvety caffeine.

I want to use it again but I'm not sure my heart could take it. Saying that if I did die from a coffee overdose I wouldn't have to see that beastly creature again...

3 comments:

Susan said...

Yes, one can die from doggy sitting. As an owner of 3 English bulldogs, I am certain of this.

If you think your little charge is naughty-- I was in the pet store with all three aforementioned beasts. Two were small pups at the time. A group of elderly woman stopped to faun over them and wouldn't you know? The cutest one pooped right in front of the ladies. I nearly dropped dead. There faces crumpled from cheery sweet smiles to looks of disgust and horror in approx 2 seconds. The joys of dog ownerhsip...

Louche said...

Oh no!

And you have it times 3?!

Are you on sedatives?

Susan said...

Enormous doses. Really enormous.

Good thoughts for your father.