Saturday, June 23, 2007

I hate Lloyds TSB


I hate banks, my bank has had massive negative effect on my life for the second time in 12 months. Which bank may you ask? Lloyds TSB. I'm going to mention that a few times so that if anyone searches for 'Are Lloyds TSB a good bank?' They will come to this blog and find out that they are not, Lloyds TSB are terrible.

Today involved missing faxes (sending a fax from a faceless call centre to one of their own branches was beyond them), delays which included treating me like an fool ('Well we don't have a fax, are you sure the were sending it here?') and just being bad. Their tomfoolery today may cause me to miss out on a flat I want to rent, making me homeless, thanks Lloyds TSB.

The incident before involved a missing credit card which they were unable to 'find' for 28 days, nearly stopping me going on a trip to raise money for charity. I spent a total of 2 days in one branch trying to track down that card.

Lloyds TSB branches are extremely ugly too, instead of having a 'help desk' Lloyds TSB have a sort of space where you are supposed to hang around vaguely and hope that someone comes to your aid. This someone will probably tell you to queue somewhere else and then after half an hour finally deign to help you. I mean help in the loosest possible sense.

For something that gets so much money out of me they have a remarkably poor level of customer service. A club which I am member of gets far, far less money per year and I'm greeted by my name when I call and they remember exactly what I like, plus they don't treat me like I'm trying to eat the desk pens while making hooting noises.

So here it is Lloyds TSB, the gauntlet has been thrown down. I'm leaving you as soon as I can (which sadly may take a couple of months while I shift things about) but it's not going to stop there. I'm going to speak ill of you Lloyds TSB when-ever the moment comes up. I think if I can make one person leave your horrible company every few months then I've done my part.

Just so you know, the first one is my little brother, I'm going to give him £50 if he switches his savings account to a different bank.

Oh and my girlfriend is changing banks too so that's three people (including me) and I've only just started.

I swear on my very best gloves I'm going to reduce your share price Lloyds TSB.

Don't cross a fop.

7 comments:

luispquis said...

you'll be pleased to know that i happened on your blog after typing 'i hate lloyds tsb' into google. i also hate them with a fiery passion and want to unite the world in shutting the scumbags down. my only dream is to win the lottery. not so i can enjoy the money, but simply so that i can tell lloyds tsb to go scew themselves when they come clambering for my millions. oh the joy of that day....

Louche said...

Luispquis - Lots of people stumble onto the blog that way. I've even started to have people searching for 'local Lloyds TSB branches' arrive here.

I like to think in my own way I'm doing something to make their life less pleasant, they really are total rotters.

Anonymous said...

Haha, try working for them. The worst bank ever, I quiting and taking a job with a 25% pay reduction - no care for customers and their money, no loyalty, no sense of obligation to contracts. As one of the people sitting on the counter all I try to do is make the customer happy...after all it is only going to benefit me if customers speak well of me to other bank member, and many do...but I regularly get called into meetings with the manager because my wording pattern has apparently been proven to make customers less happy 'it is more important to use the customers name and to ensure that they have the best a/c then anything else' - that basically means dont waste time saying please and thank you...serve the customer...get them to upgrade to another a/c (even it wouldnt benefit them) and get rid of them quickly. - I'd like to meet the people that made these rules and give them a piece of my mind...see how they deal with annoyed customers when I have to ask them about upgrading their a/c every week they come in

Louche said...

Sjeliouar - Ah an insider, what other things can you reveal?

Anonymous said...

Haha, loll. What would you like to know :P loll. Well I've given my notice and will hopefully be getting another job in a couple of weeks :). I can't stand it anymore, so many people have left since I started, I only worked there for a while and already over half the staff have been replaced! Lol

stardust said...

i agree i,am a disabled person these bankers have made it so i cannot eat.they have took the food out of my mouth and stuffed there fat bellies at my expense .caused me to fall into other det telephone banking what a laugh. they tell you lies, mislead,they don't do what they say they have done. these bankers do as they like. a law unto themselves.and all this costs you loads and makes even more money for the greedy robbers, from this so called customer support and telephone banking system. a farse.

Unknown said...

I know this thread is a few years old now, but my I be the one to keep it alive? I hate them. Always have. In fact i'm willing to take some sort of test to prove that i hate them more than anyone else in the world, and then a bit more.