Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Moving


Today is the big day of the move, I say day optimistically because I don't want to do two days of moving, I hate moving house.

So far I've managed to pack 12 bags of clothes, giant bags and I'm only just starting on other things. It took me only moments to move my things out of the bathroom which I suppose is an indication of how little I really moved into this place. I think because my flatmate has lived here for 10 years he thinks the place is his (it is a very long time to be renting) so I never really shared anything. The only place that was mine was my bedroom and even then he would pop into there on occasion when I wasn't about...

I had a bit of a think as I walked down to the shops to get more moving supplies, it's been an interesting period in this flat. I've learned a lot about real relationships and troubled young ladies, I left my job and found a new one. I even started wearing waistcoats again. I think this flat has been a catalyst, I will miss it but then I can't wait to move into the new place, I just hope there is enough room for all my cravats.

*** Time passes ***

Well I have moved, it was tough but it's over mostly. T.P. is currently taking a bath while we wait for a pizza to turn up, we had to order a pizza because we have no plates, or forks or spoons or anything like that. We do have a few bottles of champagne and four large martini glasses so at least we will be fine on that respect.

The new flat is wonderful, it's on an adorable street in a lovely part of London dappled with trees and interesting looking shops. Just looking around I expect chimney sweeps will burst into song and girls with roses will sing asking if anyone will buy this wonderful morning.

Oh yes it's going to be marvellous.

4 comments:

Rick Rockhill said...

hope the move and unpacking went well. its such a dreadful process, I HATE moving. enjoying reading through your blog and getting to know you. stop by and say hello sometime.

Clair said...

You haven't moved to Tottenham, then...

Louche said...

PSS - Moving is horrible, I'm amazed anyone can be bothered to relocate.

Clair - Is Tottenham different? Is it more a My Fair Lady sort of place?

Clair said...

It's more My Unfair Teenage Stabbing Incident, actually.