Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I think I'm turning Hampsteadese, I really think so


I feel I'm turning terribly Hampstead these days, it's like I've left the old me behind and now I live the sort of life that is recorded in columns in the Sunday Supplements.

After an extremely lazy morning with a late breakfast (fresh coffee, bagels, cream cheese + scrambled eggs) I watched a French film with T.P. then we relaxed a little more before going out for a stroll to Hampstead. We went for a coffee and a pastry each (She favoured a cheese cake, I went for an apricot tart) then we brought terribly improving books (I'm going to start learning Spanish now) before buying a foreign film to watch in the evening after making some sort of chicken dish with asparagus.

Just typing that makes me feel a little bit ill.

Luckily the bits that are missing from that description is that the film in the morning was a French Kung Fu film and a large part of the day was spent playing Lego Starwars together. (T.P. is far better at the fighting bits than I am but is completely hopeless at the jumping sections so we make a good team). Most of the books were Calvin and Hobbes anthologies, the foreign film we are watching later has quite a lot of nudity in and 90% of the reason for getting the asparagus is because it makes your wee smell funny.

There is hope for me yet.

No comments: