Monday, March 05, 2007

Socks


On Friday I had to go to Phill's funeral, it was as good as a funeral can be. The service was very moving with people being really heartfelt about who he was and who he could have been. It always seems like such a shame when someone who had so much ahead of them passes away.

After the service was over we went back to Hannah's house (Where I first met Phill) and had a wake. It was a proper wake starting with polite conversation about what a lovely service it was and ending up in rawkus stories and messing about with pianos. It was good, as good as this sort of thing can be.

Everyone was very impressed by my new funeral socks with skulls on, I'd like to think Phill would have liked them too.

At the party I met a girl who was entertaining, she was a real-life Bridget Jones. She had the same job, looked the same, talked the same acted the same, everything. Strangely she got a bit offended when someone suggested she was Bridget Jones but I can't think why. I've got her number, and we might meet again but after the events off this weekend that seems a bit less likely.

No comments: