Monday, March 12, 2007

Redundant


I got made redundant today, and it's not that shocking really. I was going to hand in my resignation, I even had a signed copy on the desk of the M.D. but before he could read it we had the meeting. This caused a David Copperfield style moment when he opened it and I'd already left, but then it was ripped up because I get more money if I'm made redundant.

So it's over, it was good for a while but we've been drifting apart for some time. It's a shame that when relationships break up you don't get a break up package.

I've got a meeting arranged with a friend on Wednesday for cocktails to talk about work. so I've been a jobless bum for about an hour and already I've got other stuff lined up.

Saying that, it's very tempting to jet off to Thailand for a while, isn't that what you are supposed to do at times like this?

No comments: