Monday, March 19, 2007

When ladies meet


I introduced the Peruvian to someone awfully special last night. She met one of my closest female friends who has been a far better judge of what I should do with my life than I ever good.

This friend correctly warned me about A, managed to get me to sort out things with my dad and a million other things. She has even met my Mum.

Anyway, her opinion is terribly important to me so her and the Peruvian meeting was an occasion of great importance and ceremony. My friend was playing a gig at Notting Hill Arts Club (Isn't it great when your chums are painfully cool?) so the meeting had to be short and slightly breathless before my friend, lets call her N had to jump onto stage and wow the crowed with her music.

She was brilliant, people were baying for more songs and at one point the entire mosh pit were robot dancing in between shouting Oy Vey!

The whole night was delightfully strange, there was a man wearing red tape on his nipples and a large wig - I don't know why. On one side of the club they played a Russia Ska version of 'These are a few of my favourite things' while people with giant paper mache heads bounced up and down.

I want a giant paper mache head now, I would wear it arond the home and when entertaining guests in casual way like a smoking jacket.

2 comments:

Susan said...

good god, man! how did the meeting between the peruvian and N actually go?

SemiKim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.