Friday, March 23, 2007

Of Girls and Gods.


I went in to do some more consulting stuff yesterday. This involved sitting in a room with C and talking about girls and gods. Then I wrote a word document which I had to send to someone important which was 'why you should hire me for a week at great expense'. It was a bit like a thank you letter in advance.

Feeling full of vim and vigour C and I decided to pop into the local for a post work pint both saying that it would be nice to unwind a bit but not go crazy.

As we walked into a nice looking place I was telling him about this girl I met at a party who I had a dalliance with who worked in this area and we both laughed about how awkward it would be if I bumped into her.

Guess what happened next? I learnt that some sort of higher power has been watching too much Seinfeld.

It was terribly polite, she kept trying to grab my leg under the table and I told her about my sudden changes. After a bit she left, C said I drank like a English man and so we got ruinously drunk. I can remember doing shots of vodka in pints of cider. Then I got a lift some of the way home with some man in a mini and collapsed into bed.

While drunk I let this girl have my new phone number which is BAD. But I couldn't be directly rude to her, she is a very powerful woman in publishing and could destroy my career if she wanted to.

No comments: