Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The meaning of roses.

This week's flowers are roses. They are very lovely orange ones, with slightly darker edges as if they have been lightly played over with a blow-torch. They are jolly thirsty plants, I've never encountered flowers with such an desire for water - of course I could just have a leak in my vase. I'm trying to become better with flowers, cut ones are okay because you get to throw them away after a week so it's not that hard to keep them alive.

I've been looking up what different flowers mean, sadly hardly anyone speaks flower these days. Orange roses mean facination, and the plethora of leaves surrounding them signify hope which seems a bit apt as I have supper with A on Thursday. Part of me is thinking that I need a dramatic ending for the book I am working on which is why I'm doing it, and the other part is laughing at that lie. If you can't fool yourself who can you fool eh?

In other news I'm meeting a potential agent tomorrow so I need to think jolly carefully about what I'm going to wear, it needs to be foppish of course but also suitable for work. Velvet seems logical but which items?

1 comment:

Kopaylopa said...

Oh come on now, how was dinner??

-K