Thursday, October 05, 2006

Flash Monkey

Last night I reviewed the Flash Monkey Cabaret, and it was splendid. No not splendid, splendid doesn't cover how great it was, let me explain.

My favourite parts of London are the little secret places that you don't normally see. The parties that happen behind closed doors, strange little bars off side streets, members only clubs with completely plain doors so passers by have no idea of the delights that await within.

Last night was a perfect example of that. For a night Café de Paris had been taken over by a louche selection of cabaret acts and unsavoury looking characters. The show was opened by a very well performed feather dance and things spiraled away from there. None of the acts were ever on the stage for two long so you found yourself constantly shocked and amazed by what came on next. One chap in drag did something with an ironing board dressed as a cow that is very hard to explain, or at least to make it sound good so I won't.

I saw a lady LAY AN EGG on stage while dancing. AN EGG I say! I think you can imagine where she stored it, it must be a very convenient way of getting your lunch into work, although I'm not sure where she would put the condiments.

Also I chatted up a lovely lady. I think perhaps chatted up doesn't give her enough credit. After flashing her a smile she sent her friend away and came and stood next to me, on her own. So the signal to talk to her was pretty strong.

She was very entertaining, a native Londoner with a passion for exciting parties. After a brief chat we found out we had been to some of the same bashes (she had even seen me there, but I was disguised at the time). We spent most of the evening talking about nonsense and things but sadly at the end she was whisked away by the P.R. who happened to be her ex.

She has the means to contact me as she knows where I work, but sadly I don't have her number. Either way I will see her at a party at the end of the month.

What a brilliant night.

AN EGG!

1 comment:

Kopaylopa said...

That reminds me of this guy I met (in the UK of course) who was talking about some stag do where they all dressed like turtles and 'laid eggs' on the beach and I think they made the stag eat them (after shelling them of course)... yeah.. thanks for that reminder.

*barf*

-K