Monday, October 09, 2006

A suit, of destiny


My luck has been good recently, especially considering the nearly falling off a mountain thing (yes I'm going on about that again). After discussing it with a friend we came up with an explanation.

The Quantum Leap Theory.

At some point Dr Sam Beckett took control of H and thus saved us from falling off the cliff before jumping on again, hoping the next jump is the one home.

Someone in the car has something important they have to do, something important for the planet.

Anyway, back to good luck, this book thing coming from no-where and various other things have got me convinced that my luck is back, big time.

Today I had to go clothes shopping for a party on Tuesday. It's the second birthday party of our company and it is going to be a bit of a bash with a mix of slebs and press, so I wanted to look good. I had some fall back clothes but I really wanted something new, something smart yet louche. So I stomped off to Kensington to do some lunch time shopping. I went to all my usual haunts, and every single one had a disappointingly informal autumn collection. Admittedly some of the colours were rather pleasant in a low-key sort of way but nothing a foppish chap could wear to a party.

After about 40 shops and walking back to the office in a rather low mood I decided to try one more shop. I walked downstairs to the suit section and found the suit of my dreams.

Ever since I read the Great Gatsby I've dreamed of a lilac suit and now I own one. It was even in the sale so instead of paying the best part of £600 for it, I got it for almost nothing.

I've been grinning ever since I got the suit, I only hope there is some one suitable at the party to impress with my sartorial style.

No comments: