Monday, October 30, 2006

Sad face.

I realised something today, I've known it for a while but today was the point at which it seemed real.

Someone I really like is leaving the country, this is a someone who has been an amazing friend and confidant through so many misadventures with women. She has listened through the whole cycle of 'I've met this girl', through 'She is lovely I want to see her all the time' to 'She is dead to my eyes, lets never speak of her again' and has just been there for me.

It's because of her straight talking no-nonsense that I finally got off my arse and went and saw a therapist about my father related issues. She is the one that made me go for it when I was thinking about doing a book. She has been my moral compas on many issues, even if it has been 'find out what she thinks and do the opposite'

I don't even mind if she calls me a hippy.

And now she is going away, and I'm going to be sad. I'm going to wear black and everything.

3 comments:

Kopaylopa said...

Awwwww. :(

-K

Anonymous said...

She sounds terrible. 'Moral compass' - Jesus wept. Ship 'er out.

Louche said...

Hush