Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Smug couples


Yikes, I get distracted by work interview related things and suddenly I've not posted for days. Still no real news from the interview, I had another interview for another job and so I'm waiting to hear back from that too. Also on Friday while doing some bikey stuff I met a features editor from a motorbike magazine and he wants to meet for coffee and talk about ideas which is marvellous.

So now the ideal plan would be to get this less exciting job, although it's still fairly exciting, and then write for the features editor at the weekends. Yes that could be lovely, it would suit me very well thank-you-very-much.

Aside from that not much to report. I've been practically joined at the hip with the Hitchcock Blonde. She has been taking me to exciting gigs in amazing buildings and lots of other lovely things but I've not really been reporting it because well it's a bit dull isn't it? 'We did this and it was nice, we did that and it was nice.'

I really hope I'm not becoming part of a smug couple.

Not much else to report really, I'm working a head hard on things in fact I should be working on something right now but instead I've cut my nails, had a coffee and admired my rapidly expanding collection of 18th century prints. Which isn't that impressive, a month ago I had none and now I have two, still it's a start.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

meet for coffee and talk about ideas

*pukes guts up*

I really hope I'm not becoming part of a smug couple

Surely the same as being a smug singleton but in stereo?

Louche said...

Why does meeting for coffee to pitch ideas make you puke?

Anonymous said...

'talk about ideas' - do those three words alongside one another not resonate as particularly abhorrent?

Oh. My mistake.

Continue blueskying.

Louche said...

Not really? They seem fairly apt when trying to come up with some features for a magazine. Those are just ideas right?

Am I just not on message here? Do I need to think outside of the box? Should we touch base in a week?

Anonymous said...

You might try to come up with some ideas together, but talking about ideas would just mean discussing ideas in general. The nature of ideas - which wouldn't really aid you in getting a motorcycle mag together.

What I'm saying is that you've used a pompous, media phrase to describe thinking and it made me feel like doing sick down my vest.

This could be a case of 'if you've got nothing constructive to say, don't comment on the blog' or, converesely, I could be helping you in your personal development.

You can see it whichever way you like.

BPP said...

I've decided I'm a genius at writing and shit.

Could you pass that on to some of your awful London media friends? I need some more work, like.

(Not prepared to pay you anything for your troubles.)

Cheers!

BPP said...

"Hmmm ... I wonder what the urbane Mr. Louche has to say today?"

"Who fucking cares? I don't - not when there's foul play and deadly machinations need investigating! Not when I have the chance of winning a landmine on the internet's least exciting interactive online murder-mystery game! Not - BY god! - when there's been a Birder on the Whoreient Hexpress!"

The game's afoot!

Anonymous said...

Apologies for the above - I was furious.

Louche said...

Swineshead, don't worry I know you don't mean it anyway. Well mostly. Okay a bit.

Possibly.

Why the rage anyway?

Anonymous said...

You will find, my toffee-nosed chum, that when you hit 30 a boiling rage gathers in the pit of your spleen. I'm learning to live with this unexplained affliction.

Clair said...

30, he says!

I LAUGH AT 30.