Tuesday, November 04, 2008

India Knight's new book


I have had the radio on over the last few days, and India Knight has been all over it. She has been in the newspapers too because she has a new book out, one about to save money and it's terrible.

Why may you ask? Because she is rich, not Russian Oil Baron rich but she does very well thank you very much, and so the tips she provides are absolute nonsense. This sort or rot annoys me immensely. Since I don't have children if I wrote a book on how to raise them it would seem a bit off, no? So why should we listen to her about being poor? When was the last time she had to live off potatoes and milk for a week? Eh? Or what about having to set off for an interview a few hours ahead because you had to walk there instead of get the bus?

Oh and another thing, can people stop going on about their working class roots, if you've never done any manual labour in your life you can't really claim to be working class, you spaz. Honestly, some of these politicians couldn't swing an axe if their life depended on it.

Right, I'm so enraged by this all I'm going to go and chop some wood. Yeah, you heard me, then I'll go and pick some apples to turn them into cider. Represent.

7 comments:

BPP said...

I don't know who this woman is.

Clair said...

I'm off for a walk where she lives now, and am in a terrible mood. I'll put a dog poo through her letterbox for you.

Louche said...

BPP - Consider yourself blessed.

Clair - Is this a special mail service you now offer?

Clair said...

Today it is....grrrr....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Just a question.. when does India Knight pretend to be "poor"? She quite clearly states that she "wouldn't assume to write for people who are single mothers living on the 17th floor because that's not her situation" and that she "wouldn't presume to patronize them." she's writing for her known constituency, who are people more or less like her.

That being said, I heard on BBC woman's hour yesterday that she went into bankruptcy last year... so, louche (not really a good name to be debating his subject with, is it?) I'm not sure where you are coming from, but it doesn't seem to be all that representative, intelligent or informed.. if you ask me you're bitter and a bit boring... how about you write a better book instead of complaining ?!

xerxes said...

Do not associate me with the prvious commenter, but: chopping wood? Not very louche.

The cider's a bit loucher.