Monday, November 17, 2008

Cartwheels and Dodos


At the weekend the Hitchcock Blonde revealed that she used to be a bit of a whizz at gymnastics as we walked through the park. So the subject of cartwheels came up and she of course said that there was no-way that I could back up my slightly unlikely claim of being able to do one.

In her defence I do tend to crash through life with the grace of a slightly drunk elephant but I couldn't let a challenge like that go unanswered and so one cartwheel later there were some mildly surprised people in Hyde Park and I had some very muddy gloves, and badly disguised limp.

After the impromptu gymnastics display we ambled over to the Natural History museum to look at giant eggs and dinosaurs. I've not been to the museum for ages but I still knew most of the dinosaur section of by heart and so could give a relatively informative guided tour, The Hitchcock Blonde was not as impressed by this as she should have been.

As an aside please can a scientist use the DNA from the bit of Dodos that are around and bring them back? I'd also like the return of the Elephant bird and the Giant Sloth. Thanks in advance.

One I'd had my dinosaur fix we bimbled over to the V&A to look at the glass exhibition, it was the Hitchcock Blondes choice. It didn't do a lot for me but at least compared to the dinosaurs it was very peaceful.

It wasn't that bits of class aren't jolly exciting, it's just that there was a lot of modern glass-wear there so large parts of the exhibition looked like a section of John Lewis. Actually, lets be honest here. Dinosaurs are far better than glass, even etched lead-crystal glass from the 18th century.

As a reward for not smashing up any glass we went to a nearby Dim Sum place and ordered so much food that I felt really rather unwell. I think my Dim Sum addiction has finally been cured.

No comments: