Monday, November 10, 2008

I'm off hunting


Not Grouse, nor bear, not even rabbit. Currently I'm hunting for jobs. I've decided that the life of the freelancer, although it has it's charms is not for me and so I'm casting about for regular work for 'the man'.

I've even got a C.V. now, which is a bit of a result, I've managed eight years without one - it's amazing how many jobs I've 'found' in pubs.

I was half-hoping that I could continue in such a way but alas I think some goals, how ever stupid and noble sometimes must be cast aside. And so with heavy heart I started arranging a list of things I have done. it was a slightly different experience to when I last wrote my C.V. at the time I was fresh out of university and didn't really have any job experience so my C.V. was a loose collection of half-truths and willful misunderstandings to make me look more like the sort of chap who should have a job. It worked, eventually, after I wrote a covering letter that was, well The Brothers Grimm could have included it in one of their story books as it was so fanciful.

This time things are a bit better, I've got some actual experiences which is a good start so my resumé is made of hard facts, which makes the interview process less fraught - if I get to that stage. Currently from my applications I've had zero response but these things take time and the economic climate isn't quite a glowing as it once was.

Also as a sign of the new times I've dug out an old coat. It's a beautiful three quarter-length black number, with an absolutely stunning silhouette. I brought it years ago on the King's Road when I left an awful job and it seem some-how right that it should come out again. The coat was retired a few years ago so it's going to be taken to the dry cleaners and then it will be my interview coat.

Now that I've got the right sort of garment for serious work I'd imagine that I'm bound to find something soon.

3 comments:

Kopaylopa said...

"...the economic climate isn't quite a glowing as it once was." Ack. Understatement of the month. (From one unemployed to another.) Still, good luck. We all need it just about now. In the meantime, it's an excellent opportunity for baking.

-K

Louche said...

Yes we could all do with a bit of luck. Still it's the time of change and all that isn't it?

Baking you say, interesting...

Anonymous said...

Oh, no doubt you will find something. After all, clothes make the man.