Monday, August 11, 2008

Whoops, I found a motorcycle.


The move down to London was fine, I managed to do the whole thing without seeing the flatmate - I heard her come in a 4am (tsk curfew eh?) but that was it. Anyway, I loaded my stuff up fairly quickly with the help of van man and set off.

The journey down flew by because Van Man was a biker so we spent the whole trip talking about motorcycles and then he gave me an introduction to classic rock. It was very educational.

We didn't get back till late so I only had time to unload my stuff before falling fast asleep in a room with no visible floor space - I'm amazed how much stuff I have, too much stuff. Since there isn't storage for all my things in the house the plan is to turn one of the garages into a storage place by cleaning it up a bit. I helped build the main garage many moons ago and it's be mostly used as a storage place for bits and bobs which is silly because there is a HUGE boat shed and a proper workshop, let alone a selection of stables and things to store junk.

So this morning I started on the garage ruthlessly throwing out broken printers and shoes that rats had eaten. The first hour or so was really hard work because the shed was so full of things that we couldn't even open the door to get in properly. While cleaning the shed out, I put a couple of long bits of wood in the boat shed and something caught my eye. A motorcycle! It's been there for years but I've not been in the boat shed for years so I hadn't noticed it.

It's pretty old and clearly being in a shed for at least a decade hasn't improved it but it's a motorbike and it is now my project bike. I'm going to get it running again and use it to bimble about while I save up for something more impressive. I found it (and many other useful things) because I was cleaning.

Who knows what I will find tomorrow?

P.S. for anyone who cares about these things I'm informed by a chum who has seen blurry photos of it that it is a Suzuki 125ER, possibly.

4 comments:

Clair said...

*Ferrets around*

'Ere, does this look like an Ark of the Covenant to you? Oooh, look, a Grail!

MommyHeadache said...

Hi just popped over because Gorilla Bananas recommended you as a professional dandy...but could not figure out from this post if you are moving to or from london

Amanda Castleman said...

Could you please dig a little deeper and uncover a fat-burning biodiesel in there, Louche?

In the meantime, huzzah for the bike!

Louche said...

Clair - There are reports of a second motorbike lurking in another shed it's supposed to be a bit of a rare one too!

Emmak - Ah yes, things are a bit jumbled up at the moment but normal foppery shall be resumed shortly.

Amanda - I'll have a look.