Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Troubadour


I think every chap should have a special place, a club or something where he goes to centre himself. I've been having quite a few days and I was feeling, well a bit low. So I the one thing I knew would cheer me up, I went to the Troubadour.

I don't know if you are aware of the Trubadour but it is a lovely cafe/deli near Earls Court. It's got a very strange mixture of decorations and has all sorts of interesting people play in the little venue downstairs - Jimmi Hendrix did a few gigs there.

There is a little no-smoking section with a load of odd-ball tables and chairs downstars. It plays jazz music and has a selection of interesting books for you to read while you are there. I had a duck inside a chicken inside a goose with a mixture of veg while reading a very silly book on how to escape from prison camps.

I returned to the office a changed man, there's nothing quite like a jolly spiffing slap up lunch to get you back into the swing of things.

No comments: