Monday, September 11, 2006

Out of the blue.


Serendipity is a marvellous thing.

I just got a call from H; he has been commissioned to do a project where he will drive a car costing no more than £100 to Naples completing various challenges on the way. The progress will be chronicled (in video and words) for the place he works for.

He just invited me to go along so I’m going to get a proper holiday, with a friend and I won’t have to pay for it, hurrah! I’m just required to be funny on camera and enter into the spirit of things; I can’t see a problem with that.

I’ve got about a week to get my extremely rusty French back up to speed and I should probably try and refresh my knowledge of mechanical maintenance. It’s been a while since I was up to my elbows in engine oil, possibly too long.

It should be a proper adventure, the likes of which I haven’t had for quite some time.

Spiffing.

5 comments:

Kopaylopa said...

Wow! How does that work? How long does it take? When would it be? And what about your current job??

-K

Louche said...

To answer your questions.
Wow! How does that work?
I don't understand this one.
How long does it take?
We are planning on about a week.
When would it be?
I leave on the 21st of this month
And what about your current job??
The are fine with it, I've booked the time off as a holiday.

moi said...

oooo... what fun!!!
Don't forget to take your best pants for your new found fame...
How exciting! Will you send us a postcard from Naples?

Louche said...

Best pants? This sort of adventure calls for entirely NEW pants.

Tea said...

What a wonderfully fun sounding little adventure. May you loads of fun and meet lots of girls!

tea
xo