Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The evening


It was not quite how I expected it to go, the chain on my bike shattered again, only 50 meters away from where it broke before, it makes me so very sad when my bike breaks. So I had to walk my bike back to the office and then get the tube home. I'm going to see if I can borrow my flatmate's bike for the rest of the week till I get things sorted out. I can't do without cycling into work.

But anyway, back to the matters relating to girls. A cooked for me, a very pleasant meal of mushroom and cheese. It wasn't exactly what she intended to cook but I rather enjoy the off the cuff recipes. We drank wine (an excellent white I had chosen earlier in the day that complimented the mushrooms perfectly) and danced in my front room to jazz.

It was lovely, we danced and talked and then when she did the final preparations on the meal we talked honestly. Honestly about what happened and where it went weird. She said that she was at fault for it going strange because she realised it was either going to head somewhere serious or it had to stop.

It was nice to hear her talk about it the whole affair in such frank, positive terms. It's rare for me, as in unknown, to talk about relationships and feelings in total honesty. So even if it goes wrong I shall walk away with that as a new found skill.

I said that what we had for a while was brilliant, so utterly perfect that I struggled to imagine another girl topping it. She called me amazing and we talked some more about the wonderful adventures we had together. It was good to hear her say it was great too. I left it saying it was a shame to waste something that special, something that felt, that right. And hinted, with out saying directly, that friendship wouldn't really work for me.

I don't mean that in a bad way, just that I would need some time apart to get some distance before we could at least pretend to be friends - which would be hard considering we work together. A chap needs to be able to catch his breath about it all before he goes wading back in.

After that we drank the rest of the wine and then danced in the street to some Nina Simone, it was the making of an anecdote.

Either way, I made my intentions clear, in a subtle way to not scare her off. I won't wait around forever, but if she is ready to take a chance and believe in something special then I am here, with my amusing adventures.

It was awfully good wine.

6 comments:

SemiKim said...

Oooooh.......

Kopaylopa said...

So.... good talking but no conclusions? What was the agreed upon 'future actions'?

-K

moi said...

Firstly can I say well done on being a grown up. On a daily basis you restore my faith in men, just a little.

So what's the plan of action now?

Louche said...

Semikim - indeed
Kopaylopa - see below
TLSD - Plan of action? For a week, absolutely nothing and then a statement of fact...

Tea said...

Glad to hear you had a nice chat and were able to actually talk about relationships. I had the same problem at one time....not actually talking about the relationship. Years ago I even formed a couple of relationships with guys I would never hang out with and didn`t even like them as people. How stupid is that? But it happens a lot. It`s wonderful to have a lover and a true friend all in one.
Keep that in mind for your future, in whomever you choose :)

Louche said...

Oh I'm going to be fine, I want to concentrate on the important things like THIS YEAR'S WINTER COAT!

Yes it's this time of year again.