Thursday, September 14, 2006

In which we talk of many things.


I realised something today, from the moment things were over with A she has started flirting outrageously with my direct boss. I thought this behavior was a bit weird considering she had previously had no interest in the chap (as pleasant as he is).

Of course the Ice Queen explained that it is one of the most ancient of tactics; first invented by the Aztecs - although recent finds suggest it might go back further.

A is trying to make me jealous, I did say when we had 'that rather heated chat' that I haven't tried to hit on her in weeks (true) and that it really wasn't on my mind (mostly true). This comment seems to have got to her more than I expected.

It's not really working on me; if anything it makes me think less of her.

In work related news I got the magazine today with my first piece in, it's a very silly one but it's mine none the less. Generally I've been getting an awful lot done recently, even though I am dog-tired due to lack of sleep. Last Friday one of the sales chaps said I should ask for more money, which I probably should but I like to feel I've earned it first.

My dad emailed me back, I might post it up here if people want to see what it says. I'm, content with his reply. It seems like a strange choice of adjective but it is the closest to how I feel about the whole thing. I'm not going to push reconciliation, I don't want to move too fast on that but at least I'm moving to sort things out at least.

I wonder what my big challenge will be today. Every night this week I've done something to 'move my life on'. Here is the list so far

Saturday - Go clubbing with strangers, take a chance again after the Ibiza debacle.
Sunday - Say yes to road trip with H.
Monday - Do some electronic related work for a friend, already is leading on to extra things.
Tuesday - Email Dad, call A and talk about the situation.
Wednesday - Go spider hunting with the intention of catching spider in hands. Sadly as I was unable to track down the monster arachnid I had to settle with working on the outline for my book.

Tonight I have a supper party hosted by an Aunt, from what I hear of the mix of people it doesn't sound like the best, but we shall see what adventure life has planned for me next...

I'm holding out for dinosaurs or a robot invasion.

1 comment:

moi said...

A... oh dear 0h dear *shakes head disaprovingly*

You have something published? Do tell me where!

I'm really glad you got in touch with your Dad. There's nothing worse than finding out it's too late. And I'm even happier that you're content with the responce. Talk about it if you wish, of course we're interested , it effects you and that matters.

My cats are excellent spider hunters. They found a massive one last week, half chewed it and left it for me to discover in the morning. So thoughtful... and so soft when my bare foot landed on it.

... and lastly what book is this Mr Louche?