Monday, July 10, 2006

True to form

Well the night was full of changes. I spent most of it working, and thus only got to speak to A for the briefest of moments which is a shame as she looked fabulous. Some things happened that ended up making me very jealous, which is an awfully unattractive quality so I did the only sensible thing and removed myself from the situation.

I got to talk to a lot of friends which was lovely, for the brief periods when I wasn't working. I think if I'm going to work a party again I'm going to have to get paid up front as I was exhausted by the end of it. To make matters work everyone else was smashingly drunk and I was still very much legal to drive.

A few other things happened on Thursday that caused me to think more. I've had a lot of work dropped in my lap, which means the holiday with A is off. I simply can't take time off, this is make-or break time for me, and to quite a large respect the company. It's going to be a crucible and if I get through it things will be excellent. If I don't, well I think I shall become one of those countryside tramps who sleeps in hedges and catches rabbits.

Most of Saturday was spent asleep (I was completely exhausted from Thursday) apart from a brief period where I went to see the new pirate film (it is ace) did some food shopping (mostly fruit) and then bumped into Jonny Depp on the way back from the shops (shorter than I expected but had a lovely hat).

On Sunday A came over. She said she was angry at me (in a joke way) because in her dream the night before I had said less than complimentary things about her compared to other women and she woke up in a furious rage about this. However when she appeared we got on famously, it was a perfect Sunday of cooking, drinking wine, private time and watching films spralled out on the sofa lounging like basking lizards.

I think we both experienced something we didn't expect on Thursday night, and that has changed things a bit. It's going well right now, for the future who knows? I must admit it's hard to see how things will progress to a happy ending as much as I would like that to happen. Or at least a happy ending without some other considerable change.

2 comments:

e.war said...

I just randomed yer blog and I think I have found one that I might come back to read every now and then. Keep up the writing can't wait to see where you and A end up.
Actually, reading your about your experience and emotions with A helps me relate to my resent 'relationship' that I had with my teacher. We were both consenting adults actually very close in age but it always seemed that there was something amiss in our 'relationship' but silly as we were we just plowed on a head in to a sexually intimate relationship. To save you a long winded story it ended badly, I lost a close friend, teacher and lover. I do hope things with you and yer lover turn out for the better. Best of luck.

Louche said...

Thanks for visiting. Has anyone ever started a complicated relationship and it ended well?

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that all relationships have to be vetted and approved by an impartial third party.