Monday, July 03, 2006

Saturdays are nice too

On Saturday I went to the beach with my family, it was extremely hot so retiring to near the sea seemed like the wisest course of action. A whole morning and a large chunk of the afternoon was spent chasing crabs, hunting fish, building then destroying sand castles and playing about on the water in my mother's boyfriend's strange sea-canoe.

It was very restful and while bobbing around on the waves I got some time to think. After A kissed me, proper wanton kisses I found my adour cooling a bit, I've noticed that one of the side effects of my parents marriage breaking down is that the moment a girl actually starts to be into me I lose interest, it's not an instant process but I do start to think of them as a lesser person.

I thought about this a lot and how silly it was. I do feel I've missed out on at least two lovely girlfriends because of this so I spent quite a while thinking it over. Then I realised that I was also thinking about A an awful lot. The two things can't really fit into each other and I'm determined not to fall into that trap again.

On returning I started the construction of supper with my little brother. We pounded dough, chopped vegetables and, in an interesting new twist did the washing up as soon as a dirty plate appeared. When A turned up with her friends the meal was almost ready, we just had to roll out the final stage of the pasta and it was ready to eat.

Sadly something went wrong with the home made pasta, I Think it dried out at the wrong stage pre-rolling so when we came to boil it in didn't work. Because of this we had a few minutes to kill before the dry pasta was ready and we strolled up to the hammock for some more lounging (all of us). A and I lead the way and stroll a kiss by the hay barn, getting caught somewhat by her friend.

The stroll to the field was lovely, and everyone should have a good hammock. After a brief while we heard the call for supper and walked back. The Meal was a jovial affair, everyone was relaxed enough to have fun and the food was excellent even if I do say so myself.

We all laughed and then went outside so A could have her first experience of firing a proper rifle which was very entertaining she swore like a trooper when it went off and then quickly apologised for her language.

Post gun-play everyone took cocktails on the seats in the new orchard while my little brother put on a display of diablo skills before he had to go to bed then the four of us (A, A's friend C, her boyfriend and I) strolled up to the hammock again.

We swung their for a while drinking and talking. There was some slightly less than subtle accidental touching going on by A's part. At this point the designated driver wanted to go so we walked back. A and I walked slowly so we had some time alone that we quickly capitalised on by kissing behind a hedge, it was almost like being a teenager again.

They left and I collapsed into bed with a warm glow provided by cocktails and kissing. A's friend had invited me to a party at her parents on Sunday so I had that too look forward to and it was everything I hoped...

No comments: