Friday, July 21, 2006

Nothing? Nothing tra-la-la


I am drunk, actually drunk doesn't cover it. I'm ruined. What was supposed to be a quiet night in evolved into something far, far different.

I think the first warning sign was at 3 of the clock when after getting some rather good information I decided to go to the pub to tell it to the editor. I started on soft drinks and then we got a bottle of wine. When the rest of the office finished up we transferred over to the 'Friday pub' and with the re-enforcements we set about more bottles of wine and various other drinks.

It was all very good, the people were on form and lots of silly things were said. A nearly outted our affair, or at least started talking about something that would in two conversational jumps lead to confirming the affair to everyone at work. I say confirming as people have long suspected.

At some point, I can't remember how it started, one of the sales chaps downed a pint. This let to a bit of good natured trash talking and a downing competition was organised. I joined in, much to the amusement of my work colleagues. Thankfully my three hard years in Scotland being trained in drinking paid off and I left everyone in a Guinness flavoured wake. The Editor was in shock for quite a while afterwards. I love it when people underestimate me.

A and I did try and arrange to meet up for some personal time, which was tricky as she has gigs this weekend so had to return to her home town that evening. A plan was formuated where I would meet her at her house for a bit of fun, after I had dropped my bike off at home but that didn't happen. I had a bit of an incident with a bus on the way home and was somewhat delayed so I cancelled the appointment.

It was a good idea. Aside from the annoying logistics of crossing London to drop off my bike and then crossing again, it wouldn't have been a very long encounter, and it would have been a bit too easy for A. I've got to be a little less available if this is really going to end up how I want it too.

1 comment:

Kopaylopa said...

*laugh* It's Saturday now. You still drunk? ;)

-K