Wednesday, December 03, 2008

News!


Well macho company have got back to me and said that they would love to have me onboard but the parent company is letting some people go and so while this is happening they can't employ new people. Or at least until it's been proved that the current people they have don't have the skills they need.

While they didn't think that they would find anyone, the internal searching would take a while and he said it probably wasn't worth waiting but that he'd love to stay in touch. He also said that he had some contract work coming up if I was up for it for a few weeks.

I said yes. So I'll probably (I'm just waiting for the official confirmation) be starting at the macho job next week. Just before crimbo. My plan, and I did say this to the chap I'd be working for is to show them what I can do and hopefully they will take me on anyway. He agreed with this.

Even if the contact work doesn't extend beyond a couple of weeks it will be some handy cash, give me more time to find something else and give me some excellent contacts. And it has the possibility of leading on to something more permanent which would also be good.

The only downside is Piqued will probaby never speak to me again.

4 comments:

piqued said...

I will, I will! (so long as you're not working for a certain magazine noted to be the best of it's kind in the UK...)

Louche said...

It is the place that you have a vendetta against.

rockmother said...

What? Woman's Own? ;-)

Clair said...

No, Cross-Stitcher. He could never get the hang of that hollyhocks sampler in the November 2003 issue, and has felt bitter ever since.