Monday, December 15, 2008

Being Hardcore


Yesterday was a troubling day. After talking to the Berk at the government organisation, who was messing me about just because she couldn't be bothered to do her job, I was a bit angry. Actually it's more than that. The work I did was in November, and immediate payment had been agreed and I had decided that this job would pay for Christmas.

Since The Berk is being so awful about paying I may not get to have a Christmas. And I mean that in a real sense, I won't be able to get presents for anyone and I won't be able to go home and visit my family. This is why I hate the Berk.

Anyway, after dealing with the Berk I was a bit irked and I ended up having a pretty bad migraine attack at work. Headache, messed up vision, feeling sick, the works. Since I'm on a contract and it takes more than a while to get home I just stuck it out even when my vision went making, me almost blind. I carried on working using the magic of touch typing to do my work which is pretty hard core I think. If Chuck Norris worked in an office he'd do that.

You may notice that this post isn't justified in a weird way. I've gone for a different train ticket this week, the luxurious fast train which means I'm travelling in style with free-wifi and on a far, far faster train but ticket costs more than a week's rent. So not a total win really.

At 9am I'll be phoning the Berk again to find out what is going on, I've instigated Operation Stalk where I'm going to phone them at least twice a day for updates now. It seems to be the only way I'll get paid and very in the keeping of the spirit of Christmas. Ho Ho ho

4 comments:

xerxes said...

This probably won't make you feel better but the gov't treats all its consultants that way. It's nothing personal, it's more that they are constantly shifting people around so they're not stuck in a rut. But it also means that none of them have time to learn their job.

Your wifi-ing on the train impressed me. I was on a posh train yesterday as well, but the free wifi required a password. How did you find it out?

Louche said...

Inkspot, Well I won't be working for those rotters again. Oh no indeed.

National Express trains have wifi on them, it's jolly slow but still entertaining.

Vain Sharp Dad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Louche said...

I think I should point out that my war is entirely with the accounts department. The Berk works in accounts, and earned the title thanks to their attitude.