Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Gander winkies


At the weekend I learned what a gander's winky looked like. It's a bit like a starfishes arm, yes a lot like a starfishes arm. I don't know what a starfishes winky would look like but probably not a goose.

I once saw a ducks winky, it was pink and looked like a corkscrew.

If you were wondering the second gander from the back is the one whose winky I have seen, we had to do it to find out what sex it was. The presence of the winky confirmed it is a gander rather than a goose.

I imagine for the goose it was a bit like something out of close encounters. It was snatched away from it's friends, held in strange ways (you have to hold a goose by the neck to stop it struggling) and examined under bright lights with a bit of poking of naughty bits.

I wonder if the other geese believed it.

No comments: