Monday, July 06, 2009

Good Egg, Bad Egg


I tend to see things in one of two ways. I'm a black and white sort of chap. People are either good eggs or bad eggs, you don't get, well Curate's Eggs in my mind. Although I suppose a Curate's Egg isn't quite right either.

I think perhaps, or actually since talking to a good friend, I know this isn't ideal. It's a simplified vision of the world. People are complicated, life is complicated.

I've also had the whole girlfriend thing explained to me by the same friend, and I now know that if I'd just talked to her say four weeks ago, none of this would have ever happened. I get it.

People date at different speeds, it's as simple as that. I don't know why I couldn't see it before but I get it now. Of course this isn't a silver bullet, which is why at 3am I'm on the interspaz writing gibberish instead of being asleep.

Needless to say it's a bit of a tough time over at Chez Louche at the moment.

Oh and in 'amusing only because it happened to someone other than you' news. My boss had a meeting with me today to ask me if I was Dyslexic. A combination of jet-lag and Chuck related issues had caused me to include a couple of spelling mistakes something I wrote and so now at work they think I'm Dyslexic.

I did explain the situation, apart from the Chuck bit, so perhaps they get it now.

1 comment:

piqued said...

Jesus mate, you're up and down like Paris Hilton's thong.

For what it's worth, when you rode in The States that was real, if you feel that Chuck is as real as that it's worth the turmoil.

You're right to be black and white in such matters I hasten to add.