Friday, August 10, 2007

Punch in the face


I took a bit of a knock today. I saw an agent last week to talk work stuff, she got all excited when I told her about the project but when I sent it across she was less enthused.

On the positive side in the email she sent me said she was completely charmed by my writing style but she feared the subject was too quirky for her to be able to sell. After talking to my friend J, who has written films, ones you would have heard of, he said you should always see three agents as once so they fight over you a bit. He also said he has some names to talk to. Either way it's a pain.

It's a bit annoying to say the least so I spent the rest of the day furiously baking as a way of dealing with it. Several rounds of cinnamon biscuits later and reasonable bash at ginger snaps and I was feeling much better.

I suppose if the writing really doesn't take off I could always open a bakery.

P.S. this picture makes me yearn for braces, and a beard.

1 comment:

DJ Kirkby said...

I WANT an agent...wah!