Thursday, August 09, 2007

No thank you, Mr Sid Meier


I had rather descended into a fug of late. I was waiting to hear back about things so instead of starting new projects I was just sitting around fretting.

If I did even feel mildly productive I would start off okay, do some work in the morning then decide to 'just have a couple of turns' of Civilization IV during my lunch break. I would look up after a pause in the action and it would be dark and I would have wasted a whole day seeing if it was possible to take over the globe with out the power of flight.

For those who don't dabble in games Civilization is a classic, you start off with a tribe of settlers and you have to build an empire to stand the test of time. You get to found new cities, explore new lands, start religions and even change forms of government. Okay so it doesn't sound thrilling but I got the T.P. to play through the tutorial and then she wouldn't stop for three days. Her Eyptian empire managed to finally defeat the Romans and she was hooked.

Needless to say, if you have any sort of job that requires self control DO NOT get it. I deleted it yesterday as it was too dangerous to have around. I'm going to get a nice, safe, manageable hobby like smack instead.

No comments: