Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Hurrah the sun is back


I'm a hot weather person, I'm such a sun worshipper I'm practically solar powered so I've been enjoying late appearance of the summer, I only wish it had got here sooner. Summer has arrived so late all the dip is gone and people have starting drinking Creme De Menthe.

On Saturday I went to a family bash with T.P. this bash turned out to be the celebration of Peruvian independence, that she had forgotten about. I was rather mocking her for this and then I remembered I couldn't recall the exact date of St George's Day.

The party was packed, there were lots of Peruvian women who were dating English chaps, but strangely no Peruvian chaps dating English women. Or maybe the women were just banned? Either way there was a lot of drinking of Inca Kola (the Peruvian equivalent of Irn Bru) and eating of traditional Peruvian food in between bouts of dancing. The dancing was a mix of salsa and more traditional Peruvian forms. As far as I could gather traditional Peruvian dancing is either a bit like Spanish dancing where ladies put a range of great expressions on their face while waving their dress about or it involves dressing up as Pocahontis and waving a bowl around to Shakira.

Someone with nice hair from the Peruvian Consulate even turned up and gave a short speech about how he was there for us or something like that, he could have just been announcing that a Taxi was waiting outside, my Spanish isn't that good yet.

No comments: