Monday, July 16, 2007

The black door

The party was a roaring success. It started a bit later than I had planned, which caused me to have a slightly nervous half-hour where I was alone in a flat with a large amount of crisps and cake wondering if anyone is going to turn up at all.

At around 7:30 T.P. appeared with some work chums and some of my friends that she had found at the tube station wondering around looking lost. The party burst into life and shortly after that more people arrived, and then more, and more.

Every room was packed with people drinking and laughing, even the small basement garden we have was standing room only with people having in-depth conversations while smoking.

Someone even fell asleep in the bathroom, it was brilliant. It's good to know that when you are at least superficially a grown up you can still have house parties like a teenager.

One of the naughty smokers opened the black door in the garden. I've never opened as I thought it was just the door covering the electricial supply, but no it leads in a huge room under the street, that appears to lead to another room and possibly something more. It's like having Narna outside the flat.

After breakfast I'm going to make some sandwiches and go exploring. If I don't come back, tell my family I love them and to stay away from the black door...

1 comment:

Susan said...

throwing a good party is exhilerating but the half hour before anyone shows up is agony! glad it was a success.