Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Hello Soho


I've rather disappeared of late. With out an Internet connection I felt as if I disappeared off the face of the earth, well I'm back now. At least at work, yup I'm sat at my new desk, in the new office in London's trendy Soho. I saw a Drag Queen as I cycled into work, is there any better sign of a good area?

The office is small and slightly spartan but only because we haven't really moved in yet, Soon art created by chimps will adorn the walls and later today a delivery of wine is arriving (40+ bottles) so we will have an extremely well stocked wine section for the office. Thank you PR company. We don't have a bottle opener yet but it is only a matter of time.

I'm extremely excited, this company is so cool it makes my teeth hurt. I'm listening to French Jazz in the office as it seemed like the right thing to do. I must admit I'm slightly concerned as what my exact job will be. So far it seems about having lunch in members clubs and talking to people at parties but that can't be all.

The new flat is lovely, it's still a mass of baggage and the sofa isn't completely made but it is starting to get there. We have plates and everything now, so the days of eating out of recycled Chinese food containers are over.

I saw a parking attendant on the way into work, he was putting a parking ticket on someones car and his hat was at an angle which almost anyone would describe as jaunty. It doesn't seem right that a supposed authority figure should have a hat resting on his head in a stylishly rakish way. Would you accept a telling off from a police officer if their hat was on backwards?

No comments: