Saturday, April 18, 2009

The weight of secrets


Secrets are strange things. They seem to have a weight that changes depending on how they relate to you.

A salacious bit of gossip relating to someone you don't like is a wispy, floating thing that can delight. Look at the huge array of celebrity gossip magazines to see what I mean. If the secret isn't important, and it doesn't affect you then it's rather fun to be told it. Even the smallest snippet of information gains value if it's not widely known.

Secrets that involve yourself have a terrible weight, they drag on the soul. What makes it worse is that sometimes the secret is something good or very bad, but you mustn't share it. There are some things going on at work, relating to the current economic climate and some people I work with. I wish I'd never found out about it all.

And no, I don't have donkey ears.

No comments: