Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hike 1 - Louche 0


That was quite a walk, 8 miles in the mud. It was like the Somme at some points. Even the dog was knackered afterwards. It took a couple of hours, and by the end of it was broken. I was so tired I just wanted to lie down by the side of the road and die.

It was brilliant, I'm going to do it again next weekend. Nothing like a bit of wholesome exhaustion to cheer a chap up. Plus this gives me something to do at the weekend to keep fit in a different way.

The pub quiz was good too, or at least so bad it was good. The questions were mental, and some of them were trick questions. The git. Still you can't beat a good pub quiz. I love the mixture of blank expressions and whispering as people try and work out the answers. The questions were a bit mental though, who knows the last four arch-bishops of Canterbury before the current one? Mental.

Talking of mental, while on the pub quiz Chuck sent me a text. It just said 'I saw you today'. What is up with her?

1 comment:

Clair said...

Err,in no particular order,and off the top of my head, Carey, Runcie, Coggan and Ramsey? Can I come next week?

Oh, and the answer to the last question is 'She can't bear not to be wanted by a bloke, especially one as finely-muscled and fit as you, as she's not used to it'. Women are stupid, sometimes. Even the cleverest ones do daft things. Like *cough* email contact with bad eggs.