Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tea is better than Pandas, FACT


This is a headline you will never read in a newspaper. Why? Well not because the facts aren't there, or that the story behind such a headline isn't interesting, no. Because it wasn't was vetoed because it was too silly.

I don't understand this, I think it's an excellent headline, I'd read it, I want to read the article under it. One what basis could one compare a Panda and tea? How was this result arrived at? What does this mean for me as a tea drinker?

I'll make the headline sound even more interesting by saying fish and chips are involved. See. Now that's double tempting. Fish and Chips? Pandas? Tea? How can this be? You will never know, because I was out voted and this headline never happened. Alas, woe etc.

I'm back a the training course this week, and while it's informative and interesting I don't like it anymore. I now understand the Reynold's Defence which is handy since I've been sued more than a couple of times. I've also learned lots of useful tips on sub-editing things and a whole range of other subjects. In short every day is an interesting one and it's incredibly useful. Yet I hate it.

Why? For two reasons. We have homework and I've been away from my normal job for two days and everything is falling to pieces, again.

The homework is galling. When we are taught to do something we are instantly tested on it, in front of the teacher. This means I am most definitely getting my learn-on.

It's great. So since we are worked, really hard, under great pressure in the classroom. And considering we all have day-jobs that typically take up evening and weekend times, why give us a vast homework assignment? One pretending to be a feature that no-one will read just because? Why? Who benefits? It's not me, and it's not the Pandas.

The other reason for not liking the course, the fact that various important things aren't happening because I'm not there is, well it's annoying. While it's nice to have completely and utterly demonstrated that what you do is
important it's still a bit of a pain when you get sent terse emails because things haven't happened and you weren't even there. Also I miss my normal job, it's nice.

And yes, I've just typed this out when what I really should have been doing is working on aforementioned homework. That's not the point.

I've got lots of other interesting things to post when I've got some time including:
What happened in Paris
The secret to happiness, or at least the perfect commute to work
And why I need a bucket to say goodbye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So you've given up the Spiderman suit and have donned Panda attire now, is that it? Well, you look just adorable.

And I'd have voted for your headline. With both hands. Just like the Panda.