Thursday, March 12, 2009

The life and times of an accidental master criminal


I locked myself out of my room today. Double locked. This wasn't great because, well everything was inside my room and I was outside it, wearing just a towel. I was dressed like that because I'd just taken a shower rather than using bath towels as my look for 2009.

I was outside my room. Almost naked with no way of getting in that didn't involve smashing the door down. I probably could smash the door down but it would make a mess and knowing my luck the act of smashing my cause my towel to fall off just as a flatmate got home.

Then I remembered something years ago at least 15, something I'd seen a locksmith do once when I was with some friends who were locked out. So I set about replicating what he did. I won't give the exact details, and thus give the Internet the secret to breaking into my boudoir but it involved a fizzy drink. Less than 30 seconds later and I was in my room doing a little jig. Yale lock? Pfft.

I'll have to update my C.V. now to include breaking and entering.

Perhaps I'll just stop using keys. If locks have no affect on me then there doesn't seem much point in carrying them around.

3 comments:

A said...

i must know your secret. i was locked out only two nights ago. i was cold. and locked out.

tell me, please, fop.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Have visions of you wandering around town in a towel, posting from your phone which you inexplicably had with you in the shower.

A cliffhanger. Will the flatmate ever return? Will he ever get the door to open? Is there, perhaps, an open window providing access? Where does he go to shower that he'd actually have locked himself out of the place where he lives?

BPP said...

I wish I'd known your secret when I locked myself out of my house after giving chase to the little bitch who'd been stealing my milk in my bare feet. Locksmiths don't half charge, the robbing set of thieving bastards.