Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tom Baker and Valentine's Day


I've been in training for most of the week so far, I mention this because it's been tough training from people who seem to know what they are doing. This is a new experience for me as most of my teachers thus far have been utter berks.

This teacher sounds almost exactly like Tom Baker which makes the long lectures on various subjects rather entertaining and slightly thespy. I try not to think about if he is putting it in now or not*. The lessions are very hard, I mean really hard which I think I rather like. I'm mentally exhausted by the end of the day, but that's because it's all new.

Work, aside from training, is going well. I've had various 'effects' on the company which are positive (they are a bit dull to explain but let's just say they are a good things) and I'm still really enjoying it, possibly a bit too much.

Valentine's Day was a success. I arranged for flowers to be delivered at The Hitchcock Blonde's workplace on the Friday and then brought her a few different things which she liked, but no-where near as much as the box they came in. I'm not sure what that says about my gift buying skills.

The actual day was spent drinking wine, riding on speed boats and watching films, including Fatal attraction. It was a good day, and I think the first time I've ever had a girlfriend on Valentine's Day, so it was an entirely new experience. I might even do it again.

*Google Tom Baker and 'putting it in' to get this joke.

1 comment:

BPP said...

You should have got her fuck all for Valentine's Day. You're not thirteen.