Monday, May 04, 2009

Louche and Chuck go for a ride.


After being spotted by the work person the day rather lost it's sparkle. This chap was a bit of a gossip, who had previously asked Chuck out on a date. The look on his face at discovering us together was absolute delight.

I was ruined, she had to go and have her hair done and so we parted ways after coming up with a reasonable excuse as to why we had met for coffee.

'Ho-hum' I thought, actually, I think I thought 'blimes'.

It had been a bit of a blimey weekend. I was also a bit annoyed with myself, I was supposed to be testing motorbikes, and I'd also been given a stupidly fast motorbike for the weekend so I could have been messing about on that.

Instead I was ruined, and so I went back to bed. Leaving the motorbike in my back garden as a reminder of why chaps should stay sober. It was the sort of bike that if you aren't absolutely, and totally focused will kill you in a moment. I was a bit peeved that I wasn't in a suitable state to ride it.

On Sunday (once I'd recovered) I met up with a chum from work for a ride out and for Sunday lunch with his family. This chap is my best friend at work and he asked me why I was in such a state on Saturday to miss out riding bikes. I lied at first, and then felt beastly.

So when we were in the workshop tinkering away with bikes before we went out for a ride, I revealed the truth. He was almost as shocked as I was.

We went for a ride out together, and swapped bikes for a bit of fun. On the way back we even stopped at an American Style diner for milkshakes. While we were drinking these I got a text message from Chuck. She wanted to meet up.

I ate supper with the chum, his family are lovely and then got on the bike to get back to meet up with Chuck. Now normally I'm a pretty conservative rider, very considered even. That ride was not considered. I was the devil on two wheels. I halved my previous best time for getting home.

I arrived a Chuck's house still tingling from the ride, she pulled on a helmet I hadborrowed and we set off together. This was the first time I'd ever had a girl on the back of a motorbike. I rather liked it.

We dropped the bike off at the flat and then went into town in search of food. I had no idea what I was doing, or what was going on but I couldn't wait to see what happened next.

No comments: