Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The joy of packing


I can't believe it but I really, really enjoy packing. Moving house is a nightmare but I love packing for adventures.

Today is a good example. I have to pack three seperate items.

1) Gym bag for three visits to the gym
2) Weekend bag, that will keep me presentable until Monday
3) Overnight bag for today, with a laptop and champagne

The gymbag will live at work so that is the easy one. Although I'm going to the gym today. So I need to put at least one days worth of sexy pants in that, for the date tonight.

The weekend bag is tricky. I've got a work event so I need to wear a range of styles of clothing and then I'll be in London so that's a different dress code. I need the absolute minimum because, as ever, space is limited. I'll be presenting awards, hanging around with the 'salt of the earth' and walking a beagle. So yes, quite a range.

It's like a complicated logic puzzle of clothes and I love it.

1 comment:

livesbythewoods said...

Hm, I'm guessing you don't go for the "Hey, I can wear these as pyjamas too" approach with clothes?

I always end up taking a huge case with far too many clothes, or I forget the one item of clothing that links together several disparate items into outfits.

Plus my trousers are held up with baler twine.